This drink is a perfect complement to a summer afternoon. Nothing beats sunshine, good weather, and a cool, nice, refreshing drink. This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart and is my all time favorite lemonade recipe–with or without the vodka. I often forget just how good homemade lemonade is. Feel free to swap out the cranberry juice for sparkling raspberry or pomegranate juice. Also, the kiwis can be swapped for lemons, strawberries or any other fruit.
- 1 cup granulated sugar or 1 cup Agave Syrup
- 2 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar or Agave Syrup to Taste
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 4 Kiwis to Garnish
- Bring granulated sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium pan over high heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Add lemon juice, superfine sugar, cranberry juice, and 1 1/2 quarts water to a serving container. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 1 day.
- To serve, fill glass with ice cubes, fill glass 1/4 with vodka topped off with lemonade and garnish with sliced kiwis. For another touch, add edible flowers like bachelor buttons or pansies.